How to Add a Custom Tab to Your Facebook Page 如何將自定義頁添加到您的Facebook頁面
Step 1: Create the Content to Display Within Your Custom Tab
Facebook requires you to provide a secure URL for your web page in order to set up your Facebook tab. A secure URL is a URL with "https://" instead of "http://" at the front.
Make sure the width of your web page and all images, videos, etc. are less than either 520px or 810px.
Step 2: Log In to Facebook as a Facebook Developer
You'll be able to log in with your normal Facebook credentials.
Step 3: Create and Name Your New Tab
1) Click the green '+ Add a New App' button from the top right-hand corner. Then choose the 'Website' button.
Here, you'll need to provide a 'Display Name,' which is what your "app," or tab. You can also create a 'namespace,' which is basically just a unique ID for your app. Select Category. Choose 'Apps for Pages' then enter a captcha.
Step 4: Configure Your Facebook Page Tab
1) Once in your App Dashboard, click 'Settings' in the left-hand navigation; then click the '+ Add Platform' button to start configuration.
When prompted, select 'Page Tab' as your platform.
The add the 'Secure Page Tab URL' of the external web page you created in step 1.
Set up in step:
1. You can leave 'Page Tab Edit URL' field blank.
2. Or you can also upload a 'Page Tab Image' here (which must be 111 x 74 pixels)
3. Click the blue 'Save Changes' button at the bottom right.
Step 5: Add Your New Custom Tab to Your Facebook Page
This step can be a bit tricky. In order to add your new tab to your Business Page, you'll need to visit a link with several custom URL parameters. Here's the link you'll need to modify:
1) Go to Setting> Basic
2) Replace the parts in red in the URL above -- YOUR_APP_ID and YOUR_URL -- with the 'App ID' found in the basic settings for your app, and your 'Secure Page Tab URL.'
So using my example, my new URL would be:
3) Once you have your URL, visit it in your browser. When you do, this will pop up
Good Job! Your custom Facebook tab should now be added to your page. Go check and see!
Editor's Note: Some people getting 405 and 403 "Forbidden" errors within their page tabs once they've been set up. When a Facebook user clicks on your custom tab, their browser sends a HTTP POST request to your tab's Secure Page Tab URL. They'll see this error message if the page you're using to host the content of your Facebook tab forbids HTTP POST requests. If you see these errors, please ask experienced developer to help you set up your custom Facebook tab.
有些人在他們的頁面標籤中設置完成後，發現有405和403個“禁止”錯誤。當Facebook用戶點擊您的自定義標籤時，他們的瀏覽器會向您的標籤的安全網頁標籤網址發送HTTP POST請求。如果您用來託管Facebook標籤內容的網頁禁止HTTP POST請求，他們就會看到此錯誤消息。如果您看到這些錯誤，您最好與有經驗的開發人員重新設置您的自定義Facebook頁。
Step 6 (Optional): Rearrange Your Facebook Tabs
Facebook only allows you to display four tabs. To rearrange your tabs, click 'Manage Tabs' in the 'More' drop-down menu on your Facebook Page, and then drag and drop your tabs in the order.
For Facebook's official documentation about creating custom Facebook Page tabs, click here.
See our sample Facebook Tab page HERE (which links with Wordpress)
Contact us for details for more social media set-up and we can assist you!